Lost My Faculties: A teacher's blog

About the miserable joy of teaching other people's children.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I wish there were a pill for this

I'm filled with a dull sense of dread that school starts in a week. What the hell happened to "See you in September?"Not that starting school in September would do anything besides delay the inevitable. What is it that I dread, exactly?
1. Grading, Planning, and Teaching simultaneously. Each one of those responsibilities could rack up 40 hours a week 50 weeks a year.
2. Being treated like an imbecile by parents who have confused their child with the Hope Diamond
3. Feeling like a fraud. Like I don't have a clue what the hell I'm doing, and EVERYONE can see what a horrid job I'm doing faking it.
4. Knowing that I'm burned out after only 5 years of teaching
5. Not having enough energy to enjoy the children I brought into the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Coco said...

You'll do great!
Praise yourself for doing a wonderful job- both at school and at home!

Think about it...
Would you really give up "teaching"?
Lately, I've been saying that I'm ready to give it up- but in reality I'm not- It's who I am... What I don't like is all the "politics" that go into it- yes, and some of the parents' attitudes.
http://msestrella-duran.blogspot.com/

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home