Lost My Faculties: A teacher's blog

About the miserable joy of teaching other people's children.

Monday, November 21, 2005

"What Fresh Hell Is This?"

I desperately need to find a new career. What the hell can a burned out 30 something offer a potential employer? What the hell am I even qualified for? Besides letting pubescent little boogers drive me insane, that is. Can I even do anything else gainful?
DH is in a royal snit, as well. He's supposed to be the stable adult at our house but he has left that up to me tonight and I think I'm going to disintegrate. Is 6:57 pm too early to put my kids to bed?

You may think I'm being facetious, but I assure you I am 100% serious.

ps.
Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

Resume by Dorothy Parker

1 Comments:

Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

You might consider doing what I did: Walk out in a huff of righteous indignation and never look back. And start teaching at a community college, where the students and administration both treat you with respect, you can teach with a diet coke in your hand, you're not allowed by law to give out any information over the phone, NCLB can kiss your ass, there are no discipline problems, they don't even have a playground, and you can take a pee whenever you need to. Take it from me, your blood pressure will go down and your happy factor will go up. It was even worth losing my retirement. Honest, it was.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home