Lost My Faculties: A teacher's blog

About the miserable joy of teaching other people's children.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Beginning Again

A new school year. Already.
Sort of feels like we've come back after a 3 day weekend and started a new school year. What the hell happened to "See you in September!" ?

This year, I have 103 students instead of 130. Something is different this year with this crop of freshmen. Not sure what it is, really. They're quieter for one thing - maybe it's just that they're still scared of me.

I saw a piece on MSNBC about Teach for America, and the cute little teacher from UVa who is giving the teaching profession a shot. She said that teaching is not what it seems like from a student's point of view. Or even a parent's. There is more to being a teacher than meets the eye, and I don't know how to get people to realize how much work, heart, and soul goes into this profession.

1 Comments:

Blogger MV said...

Your statement,'I don't know how to get people to realize how much work, heart, and soul goes into this profession' really went deep into my heart. You need not worry about the indifference of modern society. Your students will be your most valued asset.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home